Island Beach Gear Career Opportunities
Apply now to discover great people, a fun culture,
New Jersey Retail Store Team Open Positions
excellent employee benefits and unique perks. Apply today.
About eOutdoors Inc.
eOutdoors Inc. is a growing multi-channel specialty outdoor retailer and direct marketing company. We globally help people to have fun and pursue their outdoor activities by marketing and selling high-quality recreational products for fishing, boating, and the beach under four premium brands: TackleDirect, Island Beach Gear, Ocean Tackle International and 10th St Wharf. Learn more about the eOutdoors Inc. story.
We recognize that building the business with the right people will enable the company to enjoy continued success. You'll find a commitment to world-class customer service, a passion for quality products, growth opportunities and an emphasis on treating each other with dignity and respect. eOutdoors Inc. employees pursue their outdoor activities with the same passion as they help customers to pursue theirs. With TackleDirect headquarters located in Atlantic Country in Southern New Jersey, many employees live nearby with convenient access to beautiful beaches, bays, boardwalks and outdoor recreation in the relaxed coastal living that South Jersey can offer.
as they help customers to pursue theirs."
What's it generally like working with us?
In the Business of Selling FuneOutdoors Inc. employees become product experts to better assist customers in having fun and being safe on the water with their friends and family while fishing, boating or going to the beach.
Energetic & Passionate StaffeOutdoors Inc. employees are both a family and a team. We accomplish goals together by helping each other and the company be successful.
Family Atmosphere & CultureFounded in 1997, join a company that is family-owned and managed, where employees are respected and listened to. We have employees who have worked with us for over twenty years and even more over ten years.
Your Time OffWe believe in a work to life balance and after four months of working with the company you will begin accruing ample paid time off that will build with your tenure as an employee. If you need some unpaid time-off, we accommodate that too based on your circumstances.
Bonus & Profit Sharing ProgramDepending on your role and tenure with the company, you may be eligible to share in the company's success if we are able to meet or exceed certain financial goals, through company voluntary bonus programs. We believe that a rising tide floats all boats and that we should share company success with employees.
Work Related TrainingDepending on your role in the company and the training required for your role, you may be eligible for work related training, certifications or continued education costs covered partially or entirely by the company.
Modern Technology & SoftwareWe cannot differentiate without up-to-date modern cloud-based applications to provide great experiences for customers and employees. We have made substantial investments in the technology stack and will continue to find and implement new systems as the business evolves.
Open To Your Suggestions & IdeasEmployee engagement and continual listening to your ideas and recommendations is critical to continued success. Without engaged employees, how can we expect them to provide a world-class experience for customers? We are open to listening to you and continually improving the business.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - Generous national PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage along with a company-funded benefits credit card for approved medical expenses like insurance co-pays. You pay a reasonable portion of your coverage.
- Critical Disability Coverage - If you were ever to get hurt on or off the job, we offer at no cost to you, both short-term and long-term disability coverage to assist supporting you and your family.
- We Provide Life & AD&D Insurance Options - At no cost to you, you may enroll in group life and AD&D insurance coverage to protect your family. You have access to pay for additional voluntary life insurance options to extend that coverage either in a group plan or may want to set up an individual plan with a financial adviser partner.
- Medical Flexible Savings Account (FSA) - An optional account where you allocate your money to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs where you don't pay taxes on this money.
- Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account (FSA) - This optional account will allow individuals to pay for qualified child and dependent care expenses while lowering your taxable income.
- Retirement Savings Plan With 3% Match - We encourage you to start investing in your retirement as soon as you can while lowering your taxable income. We will help you to build your nest egg with a company SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with a voluntary company match up to 3% of your compensation.
- 529 College Savings Plan - Whether your family has an existing 529 plan for your child or children or you need a new 529 savings plan setup by a financial adviser partner, we can assist you with the payroll deductions to make these education contributions automatic each payroll period.
- Answers to Your Financial Questions - Through a financial adviser partner, you will have access to phone consultations to answer most questions you may have at no cost to you. Should you require a more comprehensive financial review or plan, you have access to financial adviser services for a reduced cost, depending on your requirements.
- New Home Owners Program - For eligible employees buying a home for the first time we offer assistance toward your closing costs to reduce your investment in your new home. We can also refer you to the title insurance company partner, which will be required by your mortgage lender.
- Employee Product Discount - You will save considerable money with a substantial product discount. While it does occur, we recommend not spending your entire paycheck on fishing, boating or beach gear.
- Supplier Pro Staff Programs - As an employee, certain brands may offer employees direct product discounts that are often lower than wholesale product costs, saving you a considerable amount with eligible brands. Depending on your role in the company you may have an opportunity to earn free products at times as well.
- Work From Home in Certain Roles - Depending on your role and tenure with the company, we do offer partial or full-time work from home opportunities thanks to secure cloud applications and modern communications tools. Unless you are in a retail or product inventory related position, there may be work from home options available.
- Maternity Benefits - We understand the challenges of being a new parent and will do all that we can to accommodate your specific circumstances, including additional time-off and work flexibility. Having a new child is an amazing experience and you should be able to enjoy spending such valuable time with your newborn.
- Fitness Incentive Program - If you are enrolled in a health insurance plan, you will be eligible for monthly rewards to cover a portion of your fitness membership costs with certain participating fitness and wellness centers, or simply log 10,000 steps twelve times per month for a $20 benefit automatically deposited to your bank account each eligible month.
- Commuter Benefits - As fuel and vehicle costs continue to rise, employees are looking for ways to save on their commutes to work. Transportation Reimbursement Accounts are a valuable benefit to help you save time and money when you use public transit for your commute to work.
- Referral Bonus - Employees can earn money for referring new candidates to open positions, if they are hired and stay with the company at least six months.
- Lunch & Treats On Us - At least once a month or even more often at times when we are busier than normal, either from the company or from one of the suppliers we will bring-in lunch or treats for any employees that are working on-site that day.
- Identity Protection & Theft Assistance - If you are enrolled in the health insurance plan, you may participate at no cost to you in an identity protection, monitoring and identity restoration program offered through a leading credit bureau company.
- Employee Assistance Program - Life's not always easy. Sometimes a personal or professional issue can affect your work, health and general well-being. When facing life's challenges, you often turn to family or friends for support. But sometimes that's not enough. Sometimes you need an experienced professional to talk with to know you're not alone.
- Emergency Financial Assistance - At times you can run into unforeseen financial emergencies like an accident or a natural disaster event. We treat employees like family, depending on your circumstances and time with the company, we will do what we can to help you with a short-term loan.
- Worldwide Travel Support - Experiencing an emergency while travelling can be exceptionally difficult. Take comfort in knowing that travel assistance travels with you worldwide, offering access to a network of professionals who can help you with local medical referrals or other emergency assistance programs in foriegn locations.
- Will Preparation Services - Creating a will is an essential part of estate planning. While many people recognize the importance of life insurance, 55% of Americans don't have a will. If you are enrolled in the group life insurance, you are eligible for easy, free and secure will preparation services.
- Business Expense Reimbursement - If you have to travel at times for your role or you incur pre-approved work-related expenses, the company will promptly reimburse you for documented work expenses.
What is the purpose and the core values of the company?
Vision: To be a leading global direct marketer and specialty retail company
Mission: To develop brands that inspire outdoors enthusiasts through exceptional service and product education
Core Values: F.L.O.U.R.I.S.H. Definition: Verb. (of a person, animal, or other living organism) grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment.
FORWARD THINKING: Mobilize forward thinking and imagination of individuals.
LOYALTY: Build loyalty through exceptional service, genuine caring, and honesty.
OPEN COMMUNICATION: Embrace open and honest communication.
UNWAVERING: Pursue excellence in work and life.
RESPECT: Execute all decisions with integrity, humility and respect.
INVEST: Invest and empower through educational development.
STEWARDSHIP: Contribute to the community and environment through stewardship.
HAPPY: It's nice to be around happy, motivated, and positive people. It's good for you, for the team, and for customers. We are in the business of selling fun.